GUILD GUITAR MODEL D 40 SEIRAL NUMBER 76644
Time Remaining: 22d 14h 16m
Buy It Now for only: $1,299.99
vintage guild guitar S 60 custom rare solid body electric
Time Remaining: 12d 17h 37m
Buy It Now for only: $799.00
vintage guild guitar M 65 3 4 RARE old 1960s arch top Freshman Model
Time Remaining: 19d 14h 28m
Buy It Now for only: $1,499.00
This is a 1985 (pre-Fender buyout) Guild Pilot fretted electric bass. I am the original owner. Ash body, maple neck, rosewood fingerboard, 35" scale. EMG active p/j pickups sound super clean and quiet. Bridge pickup sounds focused and punchy, Neck pickup sounds HUGE. Highly adjustable high-density Guild bridge. Plays like a dream - a very lightweight and comfortable bass to play. Perfect operating condition - pots and jack work smoothly and flawlessly. This is a great modern sounding bass, wonderful for the studio.
Overall very good cosmetic condition with a few small dings and light scratches. In the pictures you will note:
- a very small (about 1.5 mm) ding in the gloss coat which is located on the front of the body where your arm would normally rest. The black paint remains underneath.
- Some damage to the finish around the output jack where the instrument was once dropped (the jack works flawlessly - it was repaired after the fall).
- A ding on the headstock which I decided to patch up with black paint at one time.
- Some scratches on the pickup covers due to an ill-advised experiment I once did as a teenager to determine the effect of pickup height on the sound of the instrument.
- It is difficult to see in the picture, but the back of the body has some "belt buckle rash." Finish is still intact.
Includes original hardshell case which is in good working condition, but is quite scuffed up on the outside. Hinges, latches and handle are solid.
This is truly a professional level bass, was $900 new in 1985. A super-clean modern sound - a recording engineer's dream. Look around on the internet for reviews of this bass - it is a very highly-regarded instrument.
This was once my baby, but I became primarily an acoustic bass player about 15 years ago and this has received very light use since. It is a beautiful, ready-to-gig-or-record example of Guild's Pilot bass. Let this instrument be your prize!